Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I remember!

In August before school officially started, I was asked to clean and do repairs on UNLV's b&w darkrooms. While going through peoples' shit I found a roll of unprocessed film that had rolled under some cabinets. I asked around to see if it belonged to any of the students, but it didn't. So, I kept it until now (November) and I processed it tonight. And there are actually some decent images on it. I think it was shot with a 6x7 camera. I may scan the negatives in later. Really, I am just shocked that I remember how to do any traditional b&w photography. I have been assisting teaching it, but until tonight I didn't know if I could actually do it.

Also, I got some film back from Los Angeles yesterday that I am incredibly happy with. Mostly I just am amazing that I found a business who actually take pride in what they do, and this place most certainly does. And I bought a Contax T2. It was super cheap, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Uh. Large Format images to come in the near future as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment